Madrid, Revisited.

We started off our day bright and early to make our trek to Madrid. Our bus left the station at 8am and we were safely on it. The almost 3 hour ride was perfect for some quick napping in preparation for the day ahead of us. First stop? The infamous Rastro Flea Market of Madrid.

It was packed! However, we did not let that faze us. We marched on, set on reaching the streets where we might find some vintage, some knickknacks, some treasure!


It would've been too easy to find a vendor that dealt with strictly vintage. We had to dig! There were several booths like the one above, with vendors yelling out "Prendas, un Euro!" I didn't mind the dig. I enjoy the dig. I encountered one catty girl, she looked to be on the same hunt for vintage. Whatever, I was there to have a good time! (Besides, I need to figure out my luggage situation before I even consider buying anymore stuff!)


This vendor had knick-knacks galore! I bought a couple for myself, in hopes of refashioning them into jewelry or hairpieces! My actual spoils from El Rastro will be featured in a separate post, so keep your eyes peeled for that! (It's nothing too amazing, but fun nonetheless).
All in all, I'm satisfied now that I've had a thrifting fix.
Whilst rummaging through the hordes of clothes, a lady with a camera approached us. She asked if she could take our picture. I immediately knew where this was headed. I agreed without a second to spare, Venetia didn't even get enough time to figure out what the lady said! We posed and she snapped outfit photos. She then proceeded to hand us her card - welikeyourstyle.net My wildest dreams hath come true! I mean, it's no facehunter or satorialist, but hey...it's actually legit! A legit Spanish Street-Style site! 
So what's all the hype about? Let's see!


For Your Viewing Pleasure: What We Wore-Madrid, Revisited
My partner in crime, Venetia Digby! We took a quick break for lunch in a park near El Prado (our next destination) and decided it was the perfect place for outfit photos! I remember casually asking if she'd be interested and Venetia just lit up. It's fun to take outfit photos with a friend that cares! Despite the onlookers, we had a blast...there's so much to photograph. This picture's kind of a fail; you can see the granite shelf!

I took this one of Venetia on the Metro, which, I am quite proud to say, we managed to navigate without any difficulties. I felt like such a pro!

I love Venetia for her quirky, slightly kitschy jewelry. You couldn't imagine all the people that gawked and stared. So fun! (Huevos fritos? Siiiii!) 

I'm pretty sure this decrepit looking building is a toilet; at least it made for a nice backdrop.


Haha, I look a little dumb. Oh well!

->Cotton Floral Grunge Dress, Thrifted
->Children's Denim Jacket, Thrifted
->Black Gladiators, TJ Maxx
->Leopard Scarf worn as Headwrap, Thrifted
->New Artisan Leather Backpack, El Rastro

I'm riding a dinosaur! This one's probably my favorite.


We couldn't resist attempting a picture together on the swingset! Too bad the bench nearby was too stinkin' far away. Eh, you get the point.


Okay, I lied. This one's my favorite. Backpack, backpack! ♥

After outfit-phototaking-shenanigans, we finally made our way to El Prado. She wanted to see Goya's Saturn Devouring His Son and I was intent on seeing Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights that I had foolishly missed during my last visit. We managed to see those and a whole lot more, several that I didn't get to see on the previous trip. After so much walking, we were spent. We made it back to the bus station via metro without any difficulties (!!!). Too kill time, I bought a Spanish fashion magazine. 
I had a solid 2.5 hours to reflect on what a fan-f**cking-tastic day it was. Thrifting in Spain, check. Approached by Spanish streetstyle persona, check. Outfit photos with the awesome Venetia Digby, check. The Garden of Earthly Delights, check. Not getting confused by the metro and finding our destinations without difficulties, check!(Getting homework done (BUZZKILL) and updating my blog about my incredibly amazing day, check!) Ah, incredible. What an excellent way to spend my last Sunday in Spain!
Until next time. ♥.

Ryan  – (July 25, 2010 at 8:50 PM)  

I came across your blog...so far I like it but it is a verbose blog which belongs in a classroom setting or in a boring journal lol. I feel like you have great content to offer but it seems as if you are trying "too hard" to be descriptive with your content. I see excitement in your pictures but it is lacking in your descriptions. Sign up at the travelblog.org and submit you own blog.

Myriam  – (July 26, 2010 at 7:17 AM)  

Thank your for your constructive criticism, but my blog is not intended to be a travel guide by any means. Considering my circumstances, I've taken a temporary, yet slight, shift in content. (Honestly, who wouldn't?) The post is lengthy and "verbose" to serve as a diary of sorts, something I can look back on later. My friends and family back in the States also read this to keep up with my stay here in Spain. Perhaps I talk too much or tend to ramble. However, that is my nature...so be it. ♥

P.S. Dislike your site.

Anonymous –   – (July 26, 2010 at 11:21 AM)  

myriam. i LOVE you. and your blog. you're the shit. MORE, MORE!!! [this is amy mcbryde, by the way!]

Venetia –   – (July 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM)  

Man, reading about our day, just made my day.
Thanks for the marvelous pics and words!

PS. You´re such a CUTIE!!!!!!!

Take Me to Your Lieder  – (July 26, 2010 at 4:51 PM)  

Dear Myriam,

Your blog rocks almost too much for some people. Be warned.

Anna  – (July 28, 2010 at 7:31 AM)  

Here you are!
http://welikeyourstyle.net/2010/07/28/i-dont-care-for-fancy-things-or-to-take-part-in-the-freshest-wave/

Post a Comment

♥♥♥

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP